This also means that the cleaning procedures related to them may differ from one another. If you want to maintain the look of your precious window blinds for years, clean them using the right methods. In fact, professionals thoroughly clean windows and blinds while carrying out the end of lease cleaning in Hobart to help tenants get the full bond back.
You can also achieve sparkling results regardless of their types and sizes. Here are some great tips to help you clean different window blinds with perfection.
Cleaning Tips for Roller Window Blinds
A roller blind is a single piece of fabric that looks appealing. It is operated by a pull cord connected to the bottom of the blind. It provides a clean and uniform appearance which is destroyed with the collection of dust particles and dirt. So here are some great tips that will help you clean roller blinds with ease:
Vacuum the blinds
Since roller blinds are made up of fabric, they can be vacuumed easily to prevent the build-up of dust, dirt and debris. It is good to vacuum them twice a month using a HEPA-filter vacuum cleaner with an upholstery brush attachment.
First, roll the blind to allow the fabric to set flat and don't have any folds. Vacuum from the top and make your way towards the end of a roll. Also, clean the backside of the blind.
Use a Mild Cleaning Solution
If you want to remove built-up grime, and stubborn stains, then apply a homemade cleaning solution. You can use white vinegar, warm soapy water and a few drops of your favourite essential oil.
Damp the cloth in the solution and wipe the roller blind fabric in a top to bottom manner. After finishing the process, get another cloth and dip in plain water. Wipe the blind again and dry them before rolling them up to prevent the growth of mould and mildew.
Soak the Blinds in a Solution
If allowed, soak the dirty roller blinds in the homemade cleaning solution for an hour. This will break down the dirt and tough stains like mould and mildew with ease. Take the blinds out and scrub off the surface using a soft-bristled brush. Spot clean the tough stains using white vinegar and laundry detergent.
Cleaning Tips for Venetian Blinds
Venetian blinds are available in PVC, aluminium and wooden materials so that you can intensify the beauty of windows when they are covered. The best part about these blinds is that you need special cleaning solutions unless you are looking to re-polish the surface after sprucing them. So, here are the tips to clean up your venetian blinds:
- Close the blinds to let the slates flat down for quick and easy cleaning.
- Wipe off the slates using a damp cloth to get rid of dust and dirt. Start from the top and make your way downwards. Also, wipe the backside of the blinds.
- To treat tough stains and grime, dampen the cloth in white vinegar and warm soapy solution and scrub off the stains.
- If the Venetian blinds have mould and other build up, then take them off and put them flat on the floor. Take them to the bathroom.
- Mix laundry detergent and warm water in a bucket and dampen your blinds.
- Scrub them using an old brush for sparkling results.
- Rinse the slates and wipe each of them using a dry towel before putting them back on the windows.
Tip: If your windows need a thorough sprucing at the end of your tenancy, consider hiring trained end of lease cleaners in Hobart and get your bond money back.
Cleaning Tips for Roman Blinds
These types of blinds have fabric covering over slates. They are available in various materials but look beautiful. Due to the fabric material, roman blinds tend to accumulate more dirt as compared to other blinds. They are also prone to discolouration. If you maintain the look and shine of your blinds for years, then consider the following cleaning tips:
- Do not forget to unfold the blinds so that the fabric or slat is flat.
- Vacuum the surface from top to bottom. A portable vacuum cleaner is great for cleaning roman blinds. Fetch accumulated dust, dirt and other loose debris from each slate.
- Prepare a cleaning solution using mild dishwashing soap, warm water and white vinegar. Dampen the cloth and wipe the affected surface.
- Rinse and dry them completely.
Cleaning Tips for Vertical Blinds (Vinyl)
There is no denying the fact that vertical blinds are quite difficult to clean as compared to horizontal ones. They are available in PVC or Vinyl types and be cleaned with the help of the following tips:
- Remove dust, dirt and grime from each vinyl using a microfiber cloth or a pair of dust gloves.
- Use a mild and eco-friendly cleaning solution to get rid of tough stains from your vinyl blinds.
- Dampen the cloth and wipe each vane. Also, dry wipe the surface to prevent the build-up of water spots.
Window blinds play a vital role in boosting the overall look and feel of your house. They can be used to cover your windows, so keep them clean on a regular basis. These tips will help you clean different types of blinds with ease. For a thorough end of lease cleaning in Hobart, contact the most reliable company that can spruce up everything using the proven methods.